- 80,000 attendance for Practice on Friday
Silverstone Circuit has announced that it expects attendance at this weekend’s 2013 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX to rank amongst its top three all-time crowds. As advanced tickets came off sale on Thursday (27 June), Silverstone confirmed that the last six weeks of ticket sales have been the fastest selling period the circuit has ever seen. The last three days running up to the event also saw record levels of ticket sales.
The surge in sales, along with the decision to release some tickets for sale ‘on the gate’, has ensured that there will be a bumper crowd at Silverstone this weekend for one of the biggest sporting events on the UK sporting calendar. Attendance on Friday alone, for Practice, reached 80,000; more than most F1 circuits attract on race day.
Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, said: “The six weeks leading up to this year’s British Grand Prix has seen unprecedented levels of interest – it’s been the fastest selling period we’ve ever had, with record levels of ticket sales over the last few days. Add to that the fact that tickets are being sold ‘on the gate’ each day, this year’s event will be one of our biggest ever.”
‘On the day’ tickets are available to purchase at Gate 1, with prices starting at:
- £100 for General Admission on Saturday (£50 for children*)
- £200 on Sunday. Only grandstand tickets remain available (General Admission sold out)
- £235 for 3 Day grandstand tickets – for Practice on Friday, Qualifying on Saturday and the main race on Sunday – which will be available to purchase on Saturday
A limited number of grandstand seats will be available for anyone wanting to upgrade their General Admission ticket to a Grandstand seat on either Saturday or Sunday. ‘Upgrades’ can be purchased from relevant ticket booths located within the venue.
For further information visit: silverstone.co.uk.
* Child tickets available to children aged 15 and under. One adult can accompany up to maximum four children.