- Bentley Motors receives Britain’s Top Employers award 2013
- Highlights Bentley’s dedication to employee satisfaction
- Apprenticeship Open Day attended by 750 people
Bentley Motors’ reputation for offering a first class workplace environment with high quality training and development opportunities has been recognised with its selection as one of Britain’s Top Employers for 2013 for the second year running. A recent Apprenticeship Open Day held at the company’s headquarters in Crewe also saw a high interest, with attendance from more than 700 people.
The Top Employers report1, compiled by the CRF Institute, recognises Bentley’s dedication to personal development, working environment and employee culture for the 4,000 colleagues who work at Bentley.
This award follows a global growth of 22% in 2012 with 8,510 deliveries to customers, an incredible year for Bentley’s sales which has been attributed to the highly skilled, dedicated and passionate workforce present at Bentley Motors.
Attendees at Bentley’s Apprenticeship Open Day, held on March 16th, all had the opportunity to speak to current Apprentices and discover more about the scheme and its benefits. Bentley Motors currently employs 66 Apprentices across the company, all working in a variety of areas including Engineering, Marketing, PR, Manufacturing and HR. The Open Day was held to mark National Apprentice Week which is organised by the National Apprenticeship Service to celebrate the positive impact that Apprenticeships have on both individuals and companies across the UK.
Dr. Ariane Reinhart, Member of the Board for Human Resources, said: ‘Maintaining our status as one of Britain’s Top Employers reflects our dedication to the personal and professional development of all of our colleagues who work at Bentley. We are very proud of our skilled workforce and continue to improve not only the environment in which we work but also our development schemes and projects to ensure that all colleagues can reach their full potential. The success of the recent Apprenticeship Open Day demonstrates a strong level of interest in the company and the importance of vocational training as a route into automotive careers’.
1. Bentley is one of 68 organisations in the UK that has been awarded the certification for 2013 having met the stringent research criteria and having shown an international standard of people management excellence. The CRF institute researches and identifies the top performers in Human Resources by looking at the HR practices and employee offerings of a large number of employers in the UK.
2. Bentley Motors employs around 4,000 people in Crewe which is home to all its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury vehicle manufacturers such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley exports over £1bn worth of goods in 2012. The company is the third largest R&D investor in the UK’s automotive sector and the 18th largest nationally.
3. In 2012 Bentley’s global sales were up 22% with 8510 cars delivered to customers worldwide. The Americas remain our largest global region with 2457 sales (up by 22%) whilst in China sales were up by 23% to 2253 cars. The Middle East significantly increased its sales by 44% with 815 cars delivered and sales were also up 44% in Asia Pacific where 358 cars were delivered. Sales in Japan sales rose by 73% to 190 cars. In Europe sales were up by 12% with 1333 cars delivered and by 7% in the UK with 1104 cars delivered.